This may be helpful for some people
1. Firstly, create a new folder and make sure that the options 'show hidden files' is checked and ‘hide extensions for known file types’ is unchecked. Basically what u need is to see hidden files and see the extension of all your files on your pc.
2. Paste a copy of your server on the new created folder. let's say it's called server.exe (that's why you need the extension of files showing, cause you need to see it to change it)
3. Now you’re going to rename this server.exe to whatever you want, let’s say for example picture.jpeg
4. Windows is going to warn you if you really want to change this extension from exe to jpeg, click YES.
5. Now create a shortcut of this picture.jpeg in the same folder.
6. Now that you have a shortcut, rename it to whatever you want, for example, me.jpeg.
7. Go to properties (on file me.jpeg) and now you need to do some changes there.
8. First of all delete all the text on field START IN and leave it empty.
9. Then on field TARGET you need to write the path to open the other file (the server renamed picture.jpeg) so u have to write this: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c picture.jpeg
10. The last field, c picture.jpeg is always the name of the first file. If you called the first file soccer.avi you gotta write C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c soccer.avi got it?
11. So what you’re doing is when someone clicks on me.jpeg, a cmd will execute the other file picture.jpeg and the server will run.
12. On that file me.jpeg (shortcut), go to properties and you have an option to change the icon. click that and a new window will pop up and u have to write this: %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll . Then press OK.
13. You can set the properties HIDDEN for the first file (picture.jpeg) if you think it’s better to get a connection from someone.
14. But don’t forget one thing, these 2 files must always be together in the same folder and to get connected to someone they must click on the shortcut created not on the first file. So rename the files to whatever you want considering the person and the knowledge they have on this matter.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
This may be helpful for some people
covert any folder into a video file……………….
create a new folder and rename to it………………..to
Customize Internet. Explorer Title bar tip:
This tip won't make your computer any faster but may help personalize your computer experience. Open Registry by going to START-RUN and typing REGEDIT. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet. Explorer\Main. In right hand panel look for string "Window Title" and change its value to whatever custom text you want to see.
1. Start -> Run -> regedit ->Find the Hkey_Local_Machine>System>Current Control set>Services>USBStor.
Look at the right pain and find out the Start where value of the start would be 0000000(3) edit the value by double mouse click and type 4 and save.
2. Restart ur pc
You can have a look and feel of orkut apps even before they are released to you. Follow this simple method to enjoy various interesting orkut applications
This Article Was Published At Orkut Plus.
Bring your friends' photos to life! Attack them with fun animations, ambush them with flying kisses, throw a snow ball, ninja kick them, send them some puppy love, and more. There are tons of different ways to make a friend smile. With cool new attacks being added often, the fun never stops.
Crazy Story Game lets you create funny stories with your friends. One person starts a story with a few words. Other players continue the story by adding short sentences. After 5 people add to a story the game is finished, and you can read the wacky results.
Now You Can Find Your Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo & AOL Friends On Orkut.
Just choose the email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or AOL) from the drop down, and enter the user name and password for your email account.* Orkut will then show you the contacts from your address book and denote those who are already on orkut, so you can add them to your (ever growing) list of friends. For contacts who aren't on orkut yet, you can invite them in bulk.
If your email provider is not on the list, don't feel left out, we're working on adding more.
*The email provider list is not country specific, so find your friends no matter where you are, or where they are. For example, if you have a hotmail.com.in email address, simply select "hotmail" from the drop down. Remember, orkut values your privacy and security and will never store your password nor transmit it over non-secure channels.